Aeroplan just published an infographic that showed 12 common Aeroplan myths (in my opinion some of these are still true but I still think it is the best frequent flyer program for Canadians).
- Myth 1:Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards are never available.
- Myth 2:Aeroplan has blackout dates.
- Myth 3:Contact Centre Agents have access to more seats.
- Myth 4:You need to book a year in advance to find a seat.
- Myth 5:It’s virtually impossible to change or cancel a flight reward.
- Myth 6:You can only earn miles by flying
- Myth 7:Only the Contact Centre can credit my miles if I forget to provide my Aeroplan Number when flying.
- Myth 8:I’ll have to be on hold for 2 hours if I call in to book a flight.
- Myth 9:Aeroplan is the only program where the miles expire.
- Myth 10:There are no real perks to achieving status with Aeroplan.
- Myth 11:I can’t use my miles to book flights for my friends and family.
- Myth 12:My credit card is my Aeroplan Card.
The myths that I still believe are true include: (Myth 1 and Myth 4 I have never experienced when trying to find the popular flights (i.e. to New Zealand or Sydney or Europe).
I liked the way they constructed this as many consumers still see the negative articles by CBC (a consumer who is shocked by the high fuel surcharges on a trip), but many consumers still don’t understand that you can find many trips (like the trip I am taking on this summer with my family with a stopover in Halifax to visit my extended family in Ontario that would cost nearly $900 out of pocket each for just $145 in taxes!
Which myths do you believe to be false?