I am a big Virtuoso fan!
Basically, you can additional amenities (like free breakfast and spa and/or meal credit) and benefits like free upgrades just for using these different travel agents.
The problem is finding what the rates and benefits are. The solution is using Classic Travel.
Here are some advantages of using them:
- You can choose any credit card that you want to use. There is no fee for booking with our web platform or getting access to the added value amenities. Cancel with one easy click
- For the most part (though it varies by hotel) cancellations can be done up to 48 hours prior to your booking.
- In addition to Virtuoso rates, Classic Travel has launched its added value Preferred Partner Hotel Program Hotels that might not be in other programs such as Amex or Mastercard Elite. Classictravel.com is becoming one of the largest collection of luxury hotels with added value amenities.
- You get access to a full service agency. The people handling your calls and requests are our travel agents and are well-traveled individuals who have personal relationships with the hoteliers.
- Many hoteliers come to the agency weekly, which allows us to build many personal relationships with properties.
- Amex, at least in the US, has closed most of their storefront locations. Their agents thus tend to travel less than the typical Virtuoso agent and have fewer opportunities to speak with hoteliers.
I have used them in the past and recommend them (very professional and easy to work with).
Here is an example of where these special rates can save money.
Here is a sample booking for the Aria Hotel Las Vegas for September 16, 2014-September 17, 2014.
The differences in these rates show that you pay less with Virtuoso than with Kayak (around $15 less or so) and Virtuoso offers at least a $50 credit towards your stay at the resort plus spa passes, which makes it a pretty good deal.
Have you ever booked a Virtuoso rate?