I found a nice new offer for the BMO World Elite Mastercard (I have held this card previously – when I saw a 3 years free offer)!
This card has an annual fee of $150 but it is waived for the first year. You also get 35,000 BMO Reward Points after meeting the minimum spend of $3000 in the first 3 months.
These points are worth $250 towards any travel purchase on your card (so a great way to redeem your Membership Reward points or Aeroplan miles).
It is a bit confusing the devaluation of BMO rewards recently:
- 140 points = $1 of travel (used to be 100 points = $1)
- You now earn 3 points per eligible dollar spent on travel, dining & entertainment purchases.
- Any other spending will earn 2 points per dollar.
The benefits are nice for this card as well:
- You and your family are well covered should an emergency or unexpected event disrupt your trip, for car rental collision damage and out-of-country medical expenses up to $2 million. Unlimited-trips-per-year coverage for trips up to 21 days).
- Save the cost of buying optional extended warranty insurance on your next purchase by paying with your BMO credit card. This coverage doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty period up to a maximum of one additional year.
- Get added protection – items bought with your card are automatically insured against theft or damage for 90 days from date of purchase.
It also comes with a nice bonus 4 Priority Passes to use at Airport lounges on your travels.
One of the reasons I would keep this card is if I was a BMO customer I would check to see if they would waive the fee.
If you are a BMO customer with the premium banking package they will waive this cards fee.
Comments are closed.