I like new pricing models for airlines. Cathay is doing something interesting (announced today).
Enhance – make an offer for an upgrade to the next higher cabin class.
During the trial period, they invite passengers booked on Economy Class and Premium Economy Class to place an offer for a chance to upgrade, with the following criteria:
- Passengers travelling on 1 of our 9 selected routes: Perth, Toronto, Newark, Moscow, Paris, London, Surabaya, Cebu or Seoul.
- Enhance is only available for selected flights and applicable fare classes on these routes where tickets are issued at specific countries/regions.
- Bookings made after 12 May 2014, for travel between 20 June and 12 November 2014, on cathaypacific.com or dragonair.com, or with our local reservations office and hotlines.
- Bookings must be confirmed.
- Bookings with infant fares, waitlisted, redemption and prize tickets are not eligible.
After you book your Economy Class or Premium Economy Class ticket, you may be invited to participate in Enhance, based on various factors, including seat availability.
How to make an offer
- Book your ticket.
- Book on our official website, and if you’re eligible you’ll receive an instant invitation on the booking confirmation page.
- Book with your local reservations office, and if you’re eligible you’ll receive an email invitation 7 days before departure of the first sector of your flight booking.
- Follow the steps on the invitation, submit your personal information, and make an offer.
- If your offer was accepted, we will contact you 2-3 days before your flight to confirm the upgrade.
Would you ever pay after using a bidding process to upgrade your flight?