70,000 Bonvoy points upon spending $1,500 in the first three months
5x Bonvoy points on up to $5,000 spent on gas, dining, and travel, up to 15,000 Bonvoy points for the first 3 months.
This card gives you a free night each year so it is well worth the annual fee in my experience.
Cardholders are rewarded with 15 elite qualifying nights, which gives you instant Silver Elite status, and can go a long way towards earning higher-tier status levels.
Cardholders can also enjoy an anniversary Free Night Award worth up to 35,000 points on every card anniversary date, which, can outweigh the card’s $120 annual fee.
Earn 5 Bonvoy points for every $1 in eligible Card purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties.
Earn 2 Bonvoy points for every $1 in all other Card purchases.
- Automatic Silver Elite status ‒ which allows you to take advantage of exclusive perks at participating Marriott properties including late checkout, a dedicated reservation (phone) line, exclusive member rates, and free internet when booking your room directly through their hotels, websites, apps, or with them over the phone. Plus, get 10% bonus points on stays.
- Upgrade to Gold Elite status when you spend $30,000 annually, which gives you even better perks at participating Marriott locations, including an upgraded room and a welcome gift of bonus points. You also get 25% bonus points on stays.
Insurance and Purchase Coverage
- Flight Delay Insurance: You can receive up to $500 in coverage (aggregate maximum with Baggage Delay Insurance) for necessary and reasonable accommodations, restaurant expenses and sundry items purchased within 48 hours when delayed or denied boarding for 4 hours or more and no alternate transportation is made available when you fully charge your airline ticket to your Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card.
- Baggage Delay Insurance: You can receive up to $500 in coverage (aggregate maximum with Flight Delay Insurance), for reasonable and necessary emergency purchases for essential clothing and sundry items purchased within four days of arrival at your destination when your checked-in baggage on your outbound trip is delayed for 6 or more hours when you fully charge your airline ticket to your Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card.
- Hotel Burglary Insurance: You can receive up to $500 in coverage against the loss of most personal items (excluding cash) if your accommodation is burglarized when you fully charge your accommodations to your Marriott Bonvoy American Express® Card.
- Lost or Stolen Baggage Insurance: You can be covered for loss or damage to your checked-in or carry-on baggage and personal effects while in transit for up to a maximum of $500 per trip for all insured person(s) combined when you fully charge your airline tickets to your Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card.
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance: You can be covered up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card.
- Car Rental Theft and Damage Insurance: You can be covered for theft, loss and damage of your rental car with an MSRP of up to $85,000 for rentals of 48 days or less when you fully charge your rental to your Marriott BonvoyTM American Express® Card. To take advantage of this protection, simply decline the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or similar option offered by the car rental agency.
- Travel Emergency Assistance: Can provide eligible Cardmembers with access to out-of-town worldwide emergency medical assistance services and legal referrals by telephone, 24/7/365.