Germanwings is a low-cost airline based in Cologne, Germany, which is wholly owned by Lufthansa.
On July 1, 2013, it launched an entirely new product and brand concept, and over the space of twelve months it has developed to become the third largest airline in Germany. Germanwings offers service to over 130 destinations throughout Germany and Europe.
Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Germanwings flights are also Air Canada Altitude™ Qualifying Miles, and each eligible Germanwings flight will also earn one Altitude Qualifying Segment. Altitude Qualifying Miles and Altitude Qualifying Segments count towards Air Canada Altitude status.
Star Alliance™ Gold and Silver Benefits are not extended by Germanwings.
You can earn Aeroplan Miles on most scheduled flights operated by Germanwings.
- Earn miles when you purchase an eligible booking class and travel on flights operated by Germanwings. Some exceptions may apply.
- Currently flights booked through germanwings.com do not auto-accrue mileage, therefore flights must be booked through your travel agent.
- Be sure to provide your Aeroplan number when you make a reservation through your travel agent.
- Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Germanwings flights are also Altitude Qualifying Miles and count towards Air Canada Altitude™ status. For more details, please consult altitude.aircanada.com.
- Always save your itinerary receipt, ticket (where available) and boarding pass until the miles have been credited to your account. If the miles for a recent activity have not been credited to your Aeroplan account, you can request to have the missing miles within six months of the activity date. Learn more about Requesting Mileage Credit.
- Please refer to the charts below to see how many miles you will earn.
- Booking classes not listed in the charts below are not eligible for accumulation.
- Codeshare flights operated by Germanwings and marketed by a Star Alliance member airline, Germanwings determines how many miles you earn for your flight. Therefore, the booking class that appears on your ticket may differ from the booking class that the operating airline uses to determine flight miles earned. Refer to the Eligible Flights Tab of the operating carrier.
- Mileage earned is based on actual miles flown, the percentage of booking class accumulation and the minimum mile rule.
- Charter flights operated by Germanwings are not eligible.
Have any of our readers flown with them before? A good opportunity to pad your balance while travelling this discount airline in Germany.