Earn 30,000 bonus points with your first card purchase – worth $300 in travel. This card awards Scotia Points where basically when you redeem 1000 points you get $10 towards any travel related expense. So 30,000 would be worth $300 in free travel. Keep in mind that the annual fee is $99.
Here is a rundown of the benefits:
- Earn travel rewards up to 4x faster Earn 4x Scotia Rewards points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment
- Extraordinary travel benefits Receive discounts and other special amenities at hotels, on airfare, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages
- 24/7 Full Service Travel Agency Book online or call Scotia Rewards Travel Service
- Flexible Point Redemption Purchase travel on your card from any travel provider, then call or go online to redeem your points for the travel purchase.
- Comprehensive travel insurance Includes travel emergency medical (up to 25 days)
- Complimentary Concierge Services 24/7 assistance with your travel and lifestyle bookings
- Access to Priority Pass Lounges Worldwide
This is what they show based on my monthly spending (I would probably just get this card for the one-time bonus and apply it to a ferry trip or something I can’t use my Aeroplan or other points for!):
For my overview it is a great secondary card with the category bonuses for grocery and gas and the free lounge access with Priority Pass. The $99 annual fee is reasonable with the great benefits and insurance that you get. I still like the bonuses for other cards more but it is a good card to have in your wallet!
Here is a link to the application.