The Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite now has a signup bonus of up to 40,000 Scotia Rewards points. You earn 30,000 Scotia Rewards points after spending $1,000 in the first three months of card membership.
The card offers a 10,000 points bonus if you spend $40,000 in a cardmember year and 2,000 points each additional $10,000. This offer ends June 30, 2019.
This card has an annual fee of $139 – but I would recommend it based on the nice sign-up bonus available and perks mentioned below.
Some of the nice perks that this premium card has includes:
- No FX mark-up. Avoid paying a Foreign Currency Conversion mark-up on purchases made outside of Canada (including online).
- Best Price Guarantee on airfare. Earn a points credit when you find an airfare that is at least $10 less than the airfare you’ve booked. Flights must have the exact same itinerary and be sent within 24 hours of your initial purchase.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access. Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership, plus six free visits per year to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world.
- Price drop protection. File a claim with the Price Protection Service if your recent purchase drops in price within 60 days and receive the price difference up to $100 per item and $500 per calendar year.
- Purchase insurance. Get extended warranty and insurance coverage to cover theft, loss or damage on most items purchased with your card (for 90 days from purchase date).
- Travel insurance. Take advantage of comprehensive travel insurance to cover car rental theft or collision, flight cancellations/interruptions, baggage delays or lost luggage, hotel burglaries and other incidentals. This comes on top of $1,000,000 in Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and $500,000 in Travel Accident Insurance.
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. and enjoy free upgrades when you pay with your Scotiabank Passport Visa Infinite Card.