It is a new year and it is time for the new credit cards to be displayed!
There are four TD Aeroplan Credit Cards to choose from and each comes with Welcome Bonus of Aeroplan Miles:
• TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card – a Welcome Bonus of 15,000 miles
• TD® Aeroplan® Visa Platinum* Card – a Welcome Bonus of 10,000 miles
• TD® Aeroplan® Visa Infinite Privilege™ Card – a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 miles
• TD® Aeroplan® Visa* Business Card – a Welcome Bonus of 20,000 miles
Plus, your Welcome Bonus will help qualify towards your 2015 Distinction status
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite, TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege, and TD Aeroplan Visa Business Cardholders also enjoy:
• A limited time 2-for-1 short‑haul flight reward offer
• Air Canada benefits like annual Maple Leaf™ Lounge access, Priority Check-in and Priority Boarding, and much more—experience a world of comfort Get ready to earn faster and travel sooner with TD Aeroplan Credit Cards
Be careful about this offer as the lounge access is a one-time guest pass (not that useful if you have a family).
Another problem is that the complimentary first checked bag benefit, up to 23kg (50 lbs), applies whenever the Primary Cardholder travels on any flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge. Flights operated by other airlines are not eligible. The benefit is only given with the Aeroplan reward so it is not useful if you are a regular Air Canada flyer.
If you are flying with United to the US, you are still paying the fee (not that useful a benefit).
The final benefit is only good for flights booked with Aeroplan miles.
You and your companions travelling on the same reservation can enjoy the convenience of Priority Check-In and Priority Boarding, whenever you travel on an Aeroplan Flight Reward operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada rouge.
This is an OK credit card (no annual fee the first year), but I would stick with the American Express Gold Rewards card with the 25,000 bonus points that you get with no annual fee (at the moment).
Here is the link to the TD Aeroplan VISA card.
This card will have no annual fee (promoted at the branches starting tomorrow).
It is really no competition with the American Express Gold Reward card.