Uses Malaysia Airlines from YVR:
– They seem to have long stopovers in Tokyo (NRT), starting at 9 hours.
– They also stopover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (KUL)
– The Vancouver to Tokyo and Tokyo to Kuala Lumpur flights are actually operated by Japan Airlines, a very nice airline.
– It looks to be possible to get extended layovers in Tokyo and/or Kuala Lumpur for approximately $50 more. In theory you could visit Japan, Bali, and Malaysia on one ticket for under $900!
– Flights to Jakarta, Indonesia (CGK) may also have been affected
– These fare looks to be available on spring and summer 2014 flights.
Vancouver to Tokyo to Bali to Vancouver – February 26 to March 9 – $911 including taxes
Vancouver to Tokyo to Bali to Malaysia, back to Vancouver – spending a week in each place – August 06 to August 27 – $931 including taxes for all flights