This is the card that we use on a daily basis because of the high earn rate and the flexibility!
American Express has upped the sign-up bonus to earn 25,000 Welcome Bonus Starpoints after you charge $1500 in purchases to your Card in your first three months of Cardmembership.
So if you take the 25,000 Starpoints you get with the sign up, and combine Aeroplan’s 35% transfer bonus you actually end up with 40,500 Aeroplan Miles!
This offer runs from July 18 to October 18 so take advantage of it now before you forget and give yourself more time to enjoy those points! Also I don’t agree with many who think this card is ending in November.
Here is a roundup of some of the benefits:
- You can earn 2 Starpoints for every dollar of eligible purchases charged to the Card at participating SPG®* and Marriott Rewards®* hotels from November 15, 2016 through November 15, 2017
- Earn 1 Starpoint for every $1 in all other purchases charged to the Card.
- Receive a Free Weekend Night Award when you reach $40,000 in purchases each year.
- Enjoy an automatic upgrade to Starwood Gold Preferred Guest membership when you reach $30,000 in purchases each year.
- As a Cardmember, you could earn more Starpoints by referring a friend. For each approved referral you could earn a referral bonus of 10,000 Starpoints.
The last benefit is the most intriguing. If you apply for this card and refer the card to friend’s and family you will receive a bonus of 10,000 Starpoints!
I recommend this card to anyone getting started in travel as the points are flexible and can be transferred to airlines or even to Marriott on a 3:1 basis (i.e. this is worth 75,000 Marriott points).
Here is a link to apply.