With the launch of the transformed Aeroplan coming up on Nov. 8, Aeroplan will be introducing many new and exciting program features. In order to prepare for this, some existing program features and services will be briefly unavailable during the changeover period.
Generally speaking, between the evening of Nov. 6, 2020, and the afternoon of Nov. 8, 2020, Aeroplan will be temporarily unavailable. However, some features will be put on hold ahead of Nov. 6, to make the transition more seamless.
Detailed information can be found at aircanada.com/aeroplanupdate, but here are some notable highlights:
· Flight Rewards – Flight rewards will be temporarily unavailable for new reservations, changes and cancellations from the evening of Nov. 6, through the afternoon of Nov. 8. If a member is traveling during that time and needs immediate support for a previously booked flight reward reservation, they can contact the Aeroplan Contact Centre at 1-800-361-5373.
· Non-Air Rewards – Members will be unable to redeem points for merchandise (including gift cards) and other travel rewards starting from the evening of Nov. 6, through the afternoon of Nov. 8.
· Crediting points – For points earned with partners between Oct. 30 and Nov. 9, there will be a delay in points crediting. They will automatically be credited beginning Nov. 10.
· Altitude members – As in previous years, Altitude status members must choose their Select Privileges no later than Oct. 31. All status benefits, including eUpgrades, will remain available throughout the transition period.
· Star Alliance Upgrade Awards (SAUA) – Star Alliance Upgrade Awards will be paused for Aeroplan members starting Oct. 31. Members will be able to request these upgrades again later in 2021.
(We made the difficult choice to temporarily pause Star Alliance Upgrade Awards to allow for more focus on the implementation of new program features. This decision was reinforced by lower international travel demand as a result of COVID-19, and a related drop in demand for SAUA. We’re eager to reintroduce this product later in 2021. In the meantime, take note that Star Alliance Upgrade Awards will continue to be available on Air Canada flights for members of partner frequent flyer programs.)
In order to get ready, Aeroplan encourages their members to take the following actions:
· Stay connected by downloading the latest Air Canada app, so they can immediately access the new Aeroplan features and benefits on the go from Nov. 8. Both aeroplan.com and the Aeroplan mobile app will be decommissioned as the new program launches.
· Ensure their profile is up to date by logging in to their account and making sure all of their information is up to date.