I love sharing these great status opportunities for our readers. You do not know how lucrative it is to have elite status until you use it or need to redeem it at a long line for a car rental!
How about a free elite status with National Car Rental.
Here are some of the benefits:
After enrolling, pay for your first rental with any American Express® Card and earn five Emerald Club Credits toward a future rental day. Rental day offer is valid at participating worldwide locations. You can get the free status even without having an AMEX card.
Your automatic upgrade to Executive Elite status means access to the following benefits:
• Reserve a mid-size to get access to Emerald Aisle.
• Guaranteed upgrades: reserve and pay for a mid-size, drive away in a vehicle in a higher class
• To maintain Executive Elite status, member must meet the standard qualifications of 25 or more rentals or 85 or more rental days during the full calendar year 2020.
You also get:
• Faster rentals by bypassing the counter.
• To choose your own car. Don’t waste time looking for your assigned car.
• Faster returns with Drop & Go. With e-receipts, there is no need to wait for an agent to give you a receipt.
• No second-driver fees
• Reward choices. Select from Free Rental Days**, frequent-flyer miles or hotel rewards.
• Special offers. Receive members-only discounts and offers through our periodic emails.
Remember one important thing about having status, that other will woo you! Once you get your status, you can match to other companies like Hertz, Enterprise, etc.
Here is a great post from fellow Canadian blogger, Prince of Travel.