I received a snail mail letter from the President of the AMEX Bank of Canada (why not just send an email!), informing me of some new benefits for us American Express Platinum members (here is my detailed review of this card).
I wanted to give all our readers a summary of the new benefits.
I still like this card but I think the American Express Gold Rewards card is a better value (25,000 Membership Rewards Points and first year free and great benefits).
Here is a summary of the new changes:
Redeem your $200 travel credit online.
Now, get the added convenience of redeeming your annual $200 travel credit online when you book your travel at americanexpress.ca/travel.
New Centurion Lounges.
Enjoy complimentary access to The CenturionSM Lounges, where you’ll experience world-class service chef-crafted fare, premium wines and specialty cocktails in a luxurious, contemporary setting.
- New York LaGuardia (LGA) Lounge:
Located in Terminal B on the third level, pre-security.
Hours: 6:00am – 8:00pm
- Las Vegas (LAS) Lounge:
Located in Concourse D opposite Gate D1.
Hours: 5:00am – 12:00am
- Dallas Fort Worth (DFW) Lounge:
Located in Concourse D opposite Gate D17 on the upper level.
Hours: 5:00am – 10:00pm
Simply present your Platinum Card, and upon request, your same-day boarding pass on any carrier and government issued ID.
Future lounge locations are expected to open at San Francisco International Airport by the end of 2014, and Miami International Airport in early 2015.
Enjoy complimentary access to Plaza Premium Lounges all over the world offering exceptional airport lounge experiences.
- London Heathrow (LHR) Lounge in Terminal 2:
Located in Terminal 2 – The Queen’s Terminal, Lounge A3
Hours: 9:00am – 11:00pm
- Abu Dhabi (AUH) – Al Reem Lounge:
Ground level, Terminal 1, International Departures
Open 24 hours daily
Simply present your Platinum Card, and upon request, your same-day ticket on any carrier and government issued ID.
As a Platinum Cardmember you have access to more than 600 airport lounges in 83 countries.
Explore the offers below, and when you’re ready to reserve, call Platinum Card Travel Service at 1-800-668-9147. Your resort credit will be applied to your hotel account at the time of your stay. Experiences must be booked between August 1, 2014 and January 31, 2015, for stays from August 1, 2014, to February 3, 2015. You can book up to three rooms under this promotion. Blackout dates may apply.2
- Auberge du Soleil, Rutherford (Napa Valley) CA, USA
- Receive a $200 USD credit applicable for premium wine/champagne not included in the rate when you book select room categories.3
- Twin Farms, Barnard VT, USA
- Receive a $200 USD credit applicable for premium wine/champagne not included in the all-inclusive rate.4
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver, Canada
- Receive a $100 CAD Food and Beverage credit applicable at Bacchus Restaurant and Lounge with a minimum two-night stay. Offer excludes alcoholic beverages, room service and gratuities. Blackout dates apply.5
- Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City, Canada
- Receive a $100 CAD Food and Beverage credit applicable at Panache Restaurant or Café Bard Artefact with a minimum two night stay.6
- The Point, Upper Saranac Lake NY, USA
- Receive a $280 USD credit applicable to spa services, excluding spa retail use. Blackout dates apply.7
- The Weekapaug Inn, Westerly RI, USA
- Receive a $200 USD Resort credit applicable to spa services, food and beverage and activities with a minimum two night stay. Blackout dates apply.8
- Ocean House, Watch Hill RI, USA
- Receive a $200 USD Resort credit applicable to spa services, food and beverage and activities with a minimum two night stay. Blackout dates apply.9
- The Inn of the Five Graces, Santa Fe NM, USA
- Receive a $200 USD credit applicable to spa services, excluding spa retail use when you book the select room categories. Blackout dates apply.10
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Receive a $200 USD credit applicable to spa services inclusive of value added tax, excluding spa retail use. (Closed for the month of September.)11
- Kensington Riverside Inn, Calgary, Canada
- Receive a $200 CAD Resort credit with a minimum two night stay. Credit will be applied at checkout.
Nothing earth shattering but it is nice to use the travel credit only instead of phoning an agent.